Statement with regard to CDNW
The officers of CDNW are aware that there are a number of rumours circulating regarding to the organisation. It has therefore been decided that this statement should be issued to let people know what is happening.
There have been a number of recent developments which have caused problems for the organisation and that are currently being worked through. These are:-
- There have been a number of changes to the Management Committee. The Treasurer, Ivor Armstrong, has stepped down. In addition, the Secretary, Bill Greenhalgh, has advised that, after many years of involvement he feels that the time has come for him to step down in the near future and it is proposed that this will happen at the next AGM. Iain Walker has also stepped down from the position of Chair but will remain with CDNW.
- For the time being, Bill has taken on the role of acting Treasurer. He is currently familiarising himself with the role and issues and arranging for financial accounts to be prepared. These will be available for consideration at the organisation’s next AGM.
- The Management Committee have also identified a number of issues which in their view require review and attention these being:-
- Appointment of new officers.
- A thorough review of the financial & legal position of the organisation.
Consideration of the present governance structure and the adoption of an updated and amended constitution.
- In view of the changes to the racing “scene” in the Northwest to reviewing the ongoing role of the organisation in respect of this, particularly as more cycling clubs now want to organise their own events rather than have CDNW do this for them.
CDNW are actively working with British Cycling to help support a calendar of races in 2015 but until the various financial, legal and governance issues are clear it is felt that it would be inappropriate for the organisation its self to commit to organising events for the next racing season.
The current CDNW officers propose to work through these issues and to provide a full report with recommendations for the future for consideration by the members at the next AGM.
A date for the AGM will be notified to all parties in the coming weeks.
( Chairman CDNW)